Topics,Partitions & Offsets
Topics, Partitions and Offsets
| Partition 0 0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8 -----> writesKafka Topic | Partition 1 0|1|2|3| ------> writes| Partition 2 0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9 ------> writes
- Offset only have a meaning for a specific partition.
- eg: offset 3 in partition 0 doesnot represent the same data as offset 3 in partition 1.
- Order is guaranteed only within a partition (not across partitions)
- Data is kept only for a limited time (default is one week)
- Once the data is written to a partition, it can't be changed(immutability)
- Data is assigned randomly to a partition unless a key is provided